Welcome to the DuPage County Amateur Radio Emergency Service!
The DuPage County Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) consists of licensed amateurs who have voluntarily registered their qualifications and equipment for communications duty in the public interest when disaster strikes. Every licensed amateur, regardless of membership in the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) or any other local or national organization, is eligible for membership in the ARES. The only qualification, other than possession of an Amateur Radio license, is a sincere desire to serve. Because ARES is an amateur service, only amateurs are eligible for membership. The possession of emergency-powered equipment is desirable, but is not a requirement for membership.
American Radio Relay League
It is the mission of the DuPage County Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) to serve as a key coordinating point for amateur radio operators in the county in the event of a communications emergency.
The goals of the DuPage County Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) are:
1. To establish close cooperative relationships with relevant organizations and agencies in DuPage and adjourning counties.
2. To be recognized as the primary coordinating agency for amateur radio operators in DuPage County in the event of a communications emergency.
3. To be the recognized "go-to" agency for community organizations needing communications support for events and activities of general benefit to the community.
4. To be recognized by emergency services agencies and the amateur community alike as a model of competence and professionalism in network operations.
5. To foster the development of skills and capabilities that will keep the ARES organization and its members abreast of new technologies to help support the communication needs of served agencies.
6. To use the resources of the team and our involvement in community activities to foster awareness of the need for preparedness in the community at large.